My guys.....

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and all of his love and support; for our precious new son, our blessing from above. God knew what he was doing when He sent this child our way. I'm also thankful for my family and friends and their love and support for us this year. It's been quite the year and we couldn't have done it without all of the love and prayers that were sent our way.
I'm also thankful for the little things. The things we seem to take for granted. It seems as though more and more people are so wrapped up in themselves....they are stuck in their own little bubble and they forget about how fortunate they really are. We have food to eat, heat in our homes, clothes on our backs, clean drinking water coming out of our faucets and at least someone close by to hold us and love us when we need it..... I could keep going. If your needs are being met, if you have these simple things then you should be thankful. There are millions of children, orphans, in this world who do not know what it's like to sleep in a warm room - they are wrapped in layer upon layer of clothing because there's no heat in the orphanage. They don't know what it's like to drink clean, fresh water. They wear the same clothes for days at a time. And most of all they don't have anyone to hold them, to love them, to wipe their tears and to say "I love you". And yes, I know what some of you are thinking - but they don't know anything other than this way of life. well, that may be true, but it doesn't mean we are to ignore it or forget about it. We can all do something. We can all make a difference in a child's life in some way. Pure and lasting religion in sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their distress. James 1:27.
So where am I going with this... my point is this Thanksgiving please stop for a moment, think about these children and be truly thankful for what you have, even the smallest of things, and say a prayer for those that don't have so much. Say a prayer for all of those children who wait.
I came across the video below in one of my yahoo groups. It really makes you stop and think... If you watch it, make sure you have the tissues nearby.
No comments:
Post a Comment