Thursday, February 11, 2010

6 months

Well, I'm a few days late posting, but better late than never. It's been 6 months since we met you in our hotel room in Kunming. A day that we will never forget. It seems like it was just yesterday and at times it seems like you've always been with us. You've been a part of this family, and a part of my heart, for far longer than you realize.

You seemed to know who we were from the beginning. I was so afraid of how you might react - would you reject us? Would you cry and be upset? But you surprised us and seemed to go with the flow. (Except for the trip to Walm@rt in Kunming where there were so many people that you flipped out and screamed bloody murder. We had so many people staring at us! We can laugh now, but boy was it stressful at the time.)

Within just a few hours of being with us you were happy, sitting on the bed, playing with your stacking cups (showing us what a mean left handed pitching arm you have) and rolling around and laughing with your daddy. Your personality began to show and we saw very quickly that you are without a doubt our child - God gave you little pieces of both of our personalities. I often wonder what you were thinking in those first few days with us. I still wonder now, what you are thinking.

You've grown so much and in so many ways in these last six months. I look back at pictures from China and you looked so small - although at the time we couldn't believe how big you were. And now it seems like you are growing over night! You are walking and running all over the place now. You save up all of your special hugs and kisses just for me - and the way you flash that big smile and run to me when I walk in the door from work in the evenings...melts my heart every time. You are an amazing and strong child - both mentally and physically. And you are so smart. I'm amazed at everything you have learned and the words you're now saying in just these six short months. And naturally since your mama is from the south, many of your words do have that southern twang to them. But I think it's cute that 'ball' sounds like 'bawl'! And the way you say "now" (drawn out into 2 syllables) after you do something you are proud of - just like your mama does.

(a few days after we returned from China)

(Christmas morning)


Sweet boy we can't wait to see what these next six months bring. You're going to be two in May.... where is the time going? You are such a blessing and the best thing that has happened to us since we met each other. Praise be to God for sending you to us.


2 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh wow, he is adorable! I know you have cherished every moment with him.

Kevin and Michele said...

Awesome to see your update!!!! What a handsome boy! And his feet look great ~ are you guys done with treatments, or does he still do them? And his hair is growing out so thick and dark... have you had to cut the sides and back yet? Haven't the last six months been the "best"!! It's been great to keep up with you.
Michele