Thursday, June 4, 2009

nothing new........

It's been awhile since I posted, but there's nothing new really to report. We have no clue as to when we will travel and quite honestly at this point it's getting a little hard to be so upbeat and positive about things. LOA's seem to be taking a little bit longer now. The average wait as most of you know is 90 days from your LOI or LID whichever comes first. We were LOI then LID which means our dossier has to be reviewed before we can receive our LOA. Tomorrow will be day 70 for us so we're getting closer to 90, but part of me feels like we're going to pass 90. There's no rhyme or reason to the wait time. Some get through faster, some slower. Two other families from our agency both with boys in Kunming (like M) waited over 90 days. One waited 98, the other waited approx 120 days. As Matt always says - it is what it is. There's nothing we can do about it here, but keep going and things will fall into place when the time is right. All things happen for a reason. And I'm trying to focus on the positives of traveling at the end of August or even September vs. early August like - flight costs may be less, the weather may be a little cooler there, I'll have a little more leave time built up, we'll have time to submit paperwork for two adoption grants that would help cover some of our expenses (all of you who are adopting or have adopted know what a blessing these grants are!). Our agency is trying to get updated info and pictures for us. I'm not holding my breath since I've heard how difficult it is to get pictures from M's orphanage. It would be great though just to have an updated picture!
Sorry to be such a debbie-downer.... all families that are adopting go through these stages. It's definitely a roller coaster ride! We're hanging in there with the best of 'em!

6 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

I can relate, and I'm sorry for you. But the other night, as I was pondering the long wait in front of us, I thought, it may be 6 more months....it will probably be 8 more months, but we will get him. It is definite. He is ours, and it is going to happen. It was just a realization, and it made me feel better. I hope your LOA comes through very fast!!! Good luck--you are not alone!

Jen said...

Hang in there! We received our LOA on day 70. So yours just may be around the corner!!!! I know exactly how you are feeling. I am dealing with all the changes that are happening DAILY in China. If it's not C2A2 it's on the US side of things. Satan is trying to throw roadblocks in there hoping we will lose FAITH...but guess what, our GOD is bigger than all Satan's roadblocks and I.AM.NOT losing my FAITH!!! God still gets ALL of MY Praise!!!

Rose Mu Xue said...

Jennifer-

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. We have also been experiencing the roller coaster while adopting our 17 month old daughter from Kunming as well. We received our LOA on April 15th, but because of the new I800 process and additional hoops to jump through we have still not received our TA. It is so frustrating and disappointing to WAIT day after day when we long to hold her. I am sorry to hear that things are not moving as swiftly for you as well. Thanks for sharing your journey online. We are working to get a blog up and running very soon, but I would love to offer our support and encouragment by e-mail if possible. charsolberg@hotmail.com

God Bless,
Char

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Jenn! The waiting is so hard, especially after you've seen that little face. Not knowing when you get to bring him home is so hard. Hang in there!! One day soon we'll have forgotten all about the pain.

Tricia

Jennifer and Matt said...

You know - I just love all of my bloggy friends! Ya'll are just so awesome! Thank you so much for your support and kind words. Thanks too for reminding me that we're not alone in this journey. We're all battling it out together! love you girls!
jennifer

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

I am so sorry you are still waiting. We waited nearly 100 days back in 07. We are dealing now with the Hague stuff and our immigration approval needs to be "fixed". It is frustrating..You will not be able to remember much of the wait after you get your son. :) Good Luck and God Bless from Alaska