Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday my love, my son! It's been two years since you came into this world, but we've only known you for 9 of those months. And what an amazing 9 months it has been! With each day that passes we learn a little bit more about you and your personality. You've grown and changed so much in these last 9 months. And you've changed so very much from that very first picture we received of you. You amaze me everyday with something new. You are so strong and that strength, that strong-will you possess, will take you far. I pray that as you get older you will understand the power of love, of giving, and caring for others. I pray that you will always stand up and fight for what you believe in. If you follow your heart and your dreams, everything else will fall into place.


We are settling in as a family, but we still have quite a ways to go too. I know it's frustrating at times - for all of us - you can't tell us what you're thinking or feeling so it's hard for us to know what to do and how to help you. I know you probably don't completely understand what a "birthday" is this year. I want you to know that every year on your birthday, when we celebrate you and your life, we will also remember the one who gave life to you. This year there will be three candles on your cake- two for you and one, a red one, to remember and honor your birth mother and your foster mother. I wonder if they are thinking of you. I hope they have a sense of peace in their hearts for you. I pray they know you are safe and you are so very loved.


There will be lots of excitement, lots of cake and lots of ice cream over the next several days! I hope you enjoy it all and can feel all of the love that surrounds you. Happy Birthday sweet boy! We love you more than you know!




2 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

Happy Birthday, cutie!!!

Adrian Roberta said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Micheal!