Friday, June 4, 2010

2nd Birthday & Mother's Day

So I'm almost a month late in posting pictures from Michael's birthday and Mother's Day weekend-but better late than never. It's been a busy few weeks to say the least! Michael's party turned out great and he had a wonderful time. We had a small party for him with just the three of us on Friday night -went out for mexican food and had a small ice cream cake. On Saturday we had a party with all of our family. He knew exactly what to do with the cake and blowing out the candles. We didn't even have to show him! At the party on Saturday he didn't wait for us to sing "Happy Birthday", oh no! As soon as I lit the candles and sat the cake in front of him, he leaned in, blew out the candles and then proceeded to take a huge bite out of the corner of the cake! It was so funny! And of course no one was able to get a picture of it! Oh well, it's in my head at least! He was so proud of himslef for what he'd done too! That smile was unforgettable!

I had so hoped that his traditional Chinese outfit we bought in China still fit and surprisingly, it did. He wore it while he opened presents, then we had a wardrobe change for the cake and ice cream. I wasn't going to dare take a chance on getting any food on it. And it's a good thing! He truly enjoyed the cake and ice cream and by the end of it all you couldn't tell what was his colorful shirt or what was cake icing! We then had another wardrobe change!

Mother's Day was quiet and relaxing for the most part. My guys took me to dinner that evening. Even though the restaurant was super busy and it took forever to get our food, Michael held out like a champ and was remarkably well behaved for a two year old. Although at one point, just before our food finally came, he'd had enough. He kept saying "car, car". He was obviously ready to go by then! It was later that evening that the weekend full of events got the best of him and he took a nose-dive. It was a rough week to follow to say the least! He was completely stressed and it showed. I knew it would happen, just didn't know to what extent. He slowly recovered and by slowly I mean it took the entire next week and then some! There's more to this part of the story, but it will have to wait for another time.
I'm posting a few pictures below from the birthday and Mother's day. Wish I could share them all. It's hard just to pick a few. Enjoy!








No comments: