
So far he's only been sitting in one place - our mantle clock. It's a good spot for him to watch over Michael and then report to Santa how well he's behaving and whether or not he "deserves" the Christmas presents he's asked for. I'm sure Charlie will move to other locations in the house between now and Christmas Eve. He'll be leaving then, Santa calls all of his elves back home to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. He will return again next year right after Thanksgiving at the beginning of the Christmas season. I have a sneaky feeling Michael's not going to be happy about Charlie leaving. He likes Charlie - it was his decision to name him Charlie. He's been showing him his matchbox cars, his blocks...I heard him telling Charlie the other day about the Curious George dvd he wants for Christmas. We've tried to 'use' Charlie as a way of encouraging Michael to be 'good' - Charlie's watching you, he's going to tell Santa..... Uh, yeah, that hasn't worked for us like I've heard it has for other parents. Michael's not about to be intimidated or threatend by some elf! Oh well, maybe it will work in the future - who knows. Though if he's not intimidated at two, why would he be at five or six??
3 comments:
I've soooo heard of these creepy little *watching* elves!
hilarious!
So far he hasn't been creeped out -I was afraid he would be. the elf did change his location last night - I don't think michael was bothered by it. just stood this morning there telling the elf he wanted 2 tractors for christmas! personally this would have flipped me out when i was a kid - of course I had issues with santa and clowns!!
That is hilarious!!! Cute idea!
Post a Comment