Thursday, May 12, 2011

where, oh where...

...have we been? We're still here. I haven't updated this blog in forever, but I hope to give everyone - if there's anyone still out there checking in on us - an update very soon. If anything I'll give you some pictures. It's been a busy and stressful time. Lots of changes. I've started a thousand posts in my head and have wanted to share so much, but felt it was too much and too personal to share with the world. When I started this blog I wanted it to be about us, our journey to Michael, our family, etc. I wanted to be honest, give the whole picture-not just the rose-colored glasses one, but the truth, however, I'm finding that I can't share it all with everyone. Not everyone understands where we are, where we've been, what we are experiencing. And to be honest, I'm tired of trying to explain it and "make" folks understand. And that's why I've been away for so long.


I've found strength in the Lord and I know He will get us through. I also have support from a few local moms who "get it", who have lived it - knowing you are not alone makes a big difference. Talking with other families, reading their stories online in bloggy-land and thinking 'that sounds just like us, we're not making this stuff up, we're not the crazy ones' is a relief, a comfort.



It may be a few more days before I can post any pictures - since I know that's all anyone is interested in! - but I'll get it to it soon!

4 comments:

jan said...

glad to hear from you. hope you remember me :)
If I can help in any way, say the word. each adoption is its own journey.... just prayed for God to rain down wisdom and discernment upon you, jennifer. xoxo

everythingismeowsome said...

I've actually been thinking of you and wondering how you all are. I totally understand the mountains and valleys of this "journey" and I am always here if you want to talk!

Kevin and Michele said...

hugs to you!!!

Adrian Roberta said...

We're still following along! And we'll be praying. FWIW, those first 6 months was truly difficult. Then it got much beter