is it just me? or am i showing my age? every time i say the words "picture pages"
this is what's really going on in my head! Yeah, I'm strange, go ahead and think it! But before you scroll down to the pictures that I promised I would post, I would like to say thank you to those of you who commented on my last post and the personal emails i received. i was truthfully a little surprised that people were still checking in. thank you for the kind words and for understanding. Michael has been through so much in his three years of life and it's left it's mark - for good and for bad. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my life - and I know that parenting in general is a hard job. Throw in fear, anxiety, trauma, stress - and that's just his part - and it's tough, not knowing what's typical kid stuff and what's adoption related. But when runs up behind me and squeezes my legs with the biggest hug, I'm reminded of how far we have come and how much he really needs me. And I need him - he's opened my eyes to issues that I had no clue about before. He's teaching and helping us just as much -if not more- as we are teaching and helping him. I read the following somewhere not too long ago in regards to the issues that our children face -
it's not my fault that these things happened to my child, but it is my job/responsibility to help him heal to the best of my ability. and that's what we are doing - helping him get past the trauma and teach him what being loved by a family really means. there are several of you out there that understand this oh so very well, so thank you for your support and words of wisdom when i feel like i have nothing left to give. Knowing I have support in the trenches means so much.
And now to the pictures!
chillin' in the grass
slinky, slinky, oh what a wonderful toy, it's fun for a boy - to use as a scarf or a tool belt, the ideas are limitless!

what a sweet face....

ah, being a boy - earth worms - his new friends

showing off his birthday cake - carrot cake and he helped make it

Happy Birthday!!
opening his presents - the kid racked up on gifts!

end of the day after the Birthday Celebration - one thumb and one lovey = nighty night!
3 comments:
I love seeing the Light in his eyes, that was what encouraged me so much those first few months home with JadePing, seeing this glow within her come out. Great job mom!
He is so handsome! Happy birthday Michael!! Can't believe our boys are three! Such little men now!
Hi Michele, Jill from The Attachment Chronicles here. Your son is such a cutie! Just wanted to say I relate to your reluctance to share everything with everyone. Attachment Chronicles is actually my "secret" blog - none of my family and friends (except other adoptive parents) knows about it. I keep another blog for family and friends that is only updated occasionally and only includes photos and short updates. All best to you!
Post a Comment