Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!!

Oh my sweet, sweet baby, how I wish your daddy and I were there to celebrate your 1st birthday with you today! We've missed so much with you already, but I know it's all part of God's glorious plans for all of us. Your daddy and I are going to celebrate your birthday tonight! I'm making chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing and blue sprinkles. We'll say a special prayer, make a wish and blow out the candles - just for you.

I hope and pray that you've had a wonderful day with your foster family. I am so thankful for them and the fact that they are taking care of you until we can get there. I hope they've had a party for you. And once you are home with us we'll have a big celebration just for you! (I may even be able to convince granddaddy to make homemade ice cream!) You have no idea how many people here already love you and are praying for you.

I also pray for your birthmother. I'm sure her heart is aching today. I hope she knows in her heart that you are being cared for and are loved by so many people. And although we may never meet, she will always be a part of me because you will be a part of me. I will be forever grateful for her.

Happy Birthday sweet one! Mommy and daddy love you and are coming for you soon!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Michael!!! May God keep you safe and healthy until your mommy and daddy get there to bring your home FOREVER!!

"Blow out the candle"!!!!!

sweet dreams little one......

Dawn said...

Happy 1st Birthday Michael! Next year you will be able to celebrate with Mommy and Daddy.

Sissy said...

I thought about you yesterday....we can't wait to meet the little man. He's such a blessed little boy to be welcomed into a home as wonderful as yours!