Monday, May 4, 2009

What we've been up to & pictures

Finally I have some time to catch you all up on what's been going on with us.

The nursery is finally finished!!! Now all we need is our little guy home to make it complete! We decided to go with a transportation theme - cars, trucks, planes, trains.





Here's Matt painting the letters for the nursery. I decided to save a little bit of money and bought the letters unfinished. I think they turned out well. Most of the ones I found were already painted or were white. I wanted something simple and just blue. And I bought the little car too - unfinished. I had alot of fun painting it.



We've also had one baby shower. My (jennifer) Wednesday night college group at church - Disciples on Campus - had a shower for us on April 15. It was alot of fun!! They are such a great group and I'm so thankful for all of their support during our adoption. They did a "bath" theme and there were little ducks everywhere! Even the cake had ducks on it! We received lots of great bath time toys - so many I'm not sure where the little guy is going to sit in the tub!





And we finally had our yard sale! It was actually better than I expected it to be. We picked the perfect Saturday to have it too. The weather couldn't have been any better. I had hoped to make enough money to cover our tour to the Great W*ll when we go to China. It's not part of our tour in Beijing with our agency so we'll have to arrange it ourselves. How could you go to China and not see the Great W*ll?? Well, we made enough money to cover our tour plus a meal or two! Sweet! We still have some things left over. And now that the room where I was stashing all the yard sale stuff is cleaned out, I'm finding more stuff I could have sold. maybe next time!

And in adoption news, there's nothing new. We are on day 38 of a possible +/- 90 day wait for our LOA. Once we receive the LOA, sign it and return it, it will still be another 8-9 weeks before we actually travel. So I'm guessing August for travel.... August in Guangzh0u... can we say so so hot and so so humid! That's ok as long as we have our little guy with us. I won't complain about the heat and humidity. I promise! or at least not out loud!

Our little guy's birthday is this week! He'll be "1" this Thursday, May 7! I wish we could be there with him to celebrate. I hope his foster family has some type of celebration planned. We will definitely have a party for him when he gets home. I did buy the ingredients (read box of mix and frosting from my "friend" betty) to make cupcakes for Matt and me on Thursday. I have candles and sprinkles and a cute little stuffed monkey (to give him in china). I promise to take pictures and will post them here. When M's older I want him to know that we were thinking about him and celebrated his birthday here while we were waiting.

And one last thing, I'm sure you may be wondering why I use '@' or "!" or "*" in certain words on here. It's in case someone does a search for one of those words our blog won't come up in their search results. I just wanted everyone to know - i'm not that bad of a speller!

3 comments:

everythingismeowsome said...

Everything looks great! I know you are so ready to go get that little man! Here's hoping for a speedy LOA!!!

Dawn said...

Michael's room is adorable - Great Job! I sure hope you LOA comes very soon - have a cupcake for me!

Sissy said...

Absolutely love the room! Can't wait to see it in person...still want to do your shower in mid-June!