Monday, January 5, 2009

UGH!!!

ugh! I'm back at work today after being off since December 23! It was so hard getting up this morning. It was the earliest I've been up in 2 weeks! I've had lots to do today, but yet the day has just been dragging along. So I'm taking a break to blog. and complain too - the temperature in my office is close to 85 degrees!! The front office was registering 90 degrees. Somehow somebody didn't watch the weather this weekend and turned the heat on in the buildings on campus. Thank goodness I thought ahead and thought this may be the case and dressed lightly, but still. It's in the mid 60's outside. I do have a fan going full blast in my office though! I really shouldn't be surprised. The heating and a/c is always screwed up here.

I went out at lunch and headed over to the Probate Judge's office to pick up a copy of our marriage license for the dossier. Kuddos to the girls in that office. They were having major computer problems and I had to wait about 15 minutes. They finally called me back up to the window to give me the marriage cert and as I was pulling out the check book the clerk told me not to worry about it! Woohooo! Thank you Lord! Granted it was only going to be $5, but that was a really nice thing for her to do and she didn't have to. And that was $5 I can put towards something else. So all I spent was 75 cents to park! Super cool!

I probably should get back to work. This is really going to be a long week! I often feel like I'm just rushing my life away. Counting down to the weekend and it's only Monday! Heck, sometimes it's the Sunday night before the work week! What's that saying--- that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Well, I should be in the world championship for the strongest woman competition by now. Just kidding. It's all preparing me for something bigger and better. I know it!

Matt suggested we take a ride this weekend up to the mountains. I hope we can. We haven't done that in a while and really should before he starts back to school in February. Hope you're all having as a great a Monday as I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yuck, sounds like a crummy day. hope you tuesday is better...and cooler :)