We're in Guangzhou now. It's Sunday morning here. We're all doing ok. All three of us have a cold, but we're getting better. Michael is doing great! He's going to both of us - Thank the Lord! He sleeps through the night. Has a great appetite - we've nicknamed him "the refrigerator"! He's into everything. He's crawling everywhere and will walk when he's holding our hands and when he's holding onto the bed. He's so curious. and smart. We're going to have to seriously baby-proof the house. He loves his baths too. He crawled into the bathroom this morning and pulled himself up to the tub. He wanted a bath! and then of course pitched an all out fit when I wouldn't let him take one. He's definitely been spoiled! He wants his way all of the time and will throw a tantrum like you've never seen when he doesn't get his way! We had his medical appointment yesterday and he passed with flying colors! We also had his photo taken for his visa. We got his passport in Kunming so we're almost finished! Tomorrow is the famous Red Couch photo and dinner at an Italian restaurant. We're looking forward to that! We can't wait to be home. This whole trip has really made us appreciate home! I'm not sure why so many families make this whole adoption trip sound like some fairy tale, like a romantic made-for-tv, lifetime-movie experience. It's not!! It's very hard. It's hard to be a first time parent to a child in a foreign land while living out of a suitcase. Children need to be on a schedule and that's very hard to do when you're in a hotel and at the mercy of everyone else basically. We're getting through it and know that we'll be home soon! Gotta run - i have a little monkey holding onto my chair saying "mama" over and over! Please continue to keep us in your prayers! love to you all! jennifer,matt and michael |
Saturday, August 15, 2009
In Guangzhou now! almost done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
God bless you all!!!!
I appreciate your point about the trip. You expressed my feelings in 2006 - being a first time mama with all the kaos and emotions. (I traveled alone - my husband was at home). Praise God your son is sleeping and eating and attaching. God is glorious in that fact!
I have been dying for an update--I am so glad things are going well. Just think how amazing it will be when you are all home!!!
I am so glad things are going pretty smoothly - I hope your colds go away real soon. I pray for a speedy and safe return home!
His tantrums may have to do with disrupted routines, also. These will level out once you get home and establish regular routines.
Will pray for safe and comfortable travel home.
Brenda Sloan
Post a Comment